TO HONOR, RECOGNIZE, AND SUPPORT WILDLAND FIREFIGHTERS, PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE, AND TO PROVIDE RESOURCES TO ASSIST FALLEN AND INJURED FIREFIGHTERS AND THEIR FAMILIES.
- Recognized as the organization that provides immediate financial and crisis assistance to families of fallen and injured wildland firefighters.
- The organization providing recognition and honor to all wildland firefighters, past, present, and future.
- Financially self-sustaining, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of its constituent supporters.
- An effectively managed organization adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- An organization capable of immediately responding to situations that involve the loss or injury of a wildland firefighter.
- An organization with programs that tell the story of fallen wildland firefighters so that preventable deaths are limited.
- An organization partnering with agencies and others to work toward preventing line of duty deaths and provide timely safety messages.
The Board of Directors and the Wildland Firefighter Foundation is focused on developing realistic goals and objectives designed to guide the Foundation into the future. The following organizational goals have been identified:
- Ensure the Foundation is fiscally viable to deliver financial assistance to families of fallen and injured firefighters.
- Build partnerships with the wildland firefighting community to encourage stronger awareness of the Foundation and its services.
- Continue to recognize and honor past, present, and future wildland firefighters.
- Deliver programs and services that meet the needs of injured firefighters and fallen firefighter’s families.
- Actively seek collaborations with agencies and other organizations to deliver safety messages that help stop preventable line of duty deaths.